At Atwood Advanced Dentistry, full mouth dental implants are one of the restorative options that we offer to otherwise healthy patients who are missing multiple teeth due to tooth decay or damage. In fact, full mouth dental implants are one of the best treatment options for replacing missing natural teeth or those in bad condition-- one that can also last a lifetime with the right oral care and maintenance. As a board-certified prosthodontist, Dr. Atwood specializes in full mouth dental implant procedures that help our patients achieve perfection, one smile at a time.
What are full mouth dental implants?
If you’re missing most or all of your teeth, full mouth dental implants can replace your teeth as well as some of their roots.During full mouth dental implant surgery, multiple implants are placed-- usually 4 to 8 per arch-- that are then used to support a fixed bridge or fixed dentures.
As opposed to other types of tooth restorations, like traditional dentures and bridges, the replacement teeth look, feel, and perform just like regular teeth. Full mouth dental implants also have a high success rate and can last for many decades with proper care and maintenance.
Because they eliminate the need to insert separate implants for each individual replacement tooth, All-on-4 and All-on-6 implant systems represent the latest innovations in full mouth dental implants. At Atwood Advanced Dentistry, our full mouth dental implants before and after pictures speak for themselves!
Full mouth dental implants process
Although no two cases are exactly the same, this is what you can expect if you are a candidate for full mouth dental implants based on an initial consultation with Dr. Atwood:
- Initial impressions of your upper and lower jaws will be taken, along with digital X-rays, a bite registration, and possibly a CT scan. All this information is then combined with computer-aided design (CAD) capabilities so that Dr. Atwood knows exactly where the implants need to be placed. A surgical stent is created from the CAD mockup.
- During a subsequent office visit, Dr. Atwood will perform your dental implant placement surgery. This surgery may slightly differ depending upon the type of implant used, for example one-day vs. two-stage:
- Your implants are then allowed to heal by fusing with the adjacent bone (osseointegration) for a period of 2 to 3 months. During this time, the CAD mockup that was prepared earlier is rechecked and any required changes are completed. Your final denture construction will also be performed, which may require visits to our office to validate the accuracy of the manufacturing process.
- Once everything is ready, Dr. Atwood will do the final placement of the overdenture, at which time one of our staff members will provide care instructions for your new implants.
- To ensure optimal dental implant performance and longevity, follow-up appointments are recommended every six months, along with regular dental checkups.
One-day full mouth dental implants - During this surgery, the placement of the implant and abutment is all done in a single step. Although this simplifies the procedure, special care while biting must be taken by the patient to prevent implant slippage.
Two-stage dental implants - During this procedure, Dr. Atwood first places the implant.. After the placement, the area is sutured, covered with the flap (overlying gums), and allowed to heal. When the healing is completed (5 to 6 weeks), the implant is then re-exposed through an incision and the abutment is placed.
Why they are a good choice
Full mouth dental implants offer these patient benefits over traditional dentures and bridges:
- Look, feel, and perform like natural teeth
- Ease-of-chewing for all types of foods
- Help prevent bone loss
- Improved durability and longevity
- Exceptional comfort and convenience
- Don’t interfere with speaking
- More natural facial appearance
Full mouth dental implants cost
A dental implant for a single tooth typically costs between $1,000 and $3,000, a figure that does not include the surgery itself, the surgeon’s fees, or any other procedure that’s needed, like a tooth extraction or bone shaping.
On the other hand, traditional full mouth dental implant procedures come with an average price tag of $25,000, although the costs range from $3,500 to $30,000 based on several variables that include materials. Newer All-on-4 implants can cost between $20,000 to $35,000 depending on the materials used, while same-day dental implants cost up to $30,000 or more.
Over the years, we’ve seen a few patients go down to Mexico to get their full mouth dental implants because they cost less there than in the USA. What they fail to realize is that most dentists in Mexico who perform dental implant surgeries lack the training and experience that a board-certified prosthodontist like Dr. Atwood has. Dentists that commit mistakes while placing dental implants in Mexico typically do not face any sanctions.
Give us a call today
At Atwood Advanced Dentistry, our restorative dentistry services make perfection possible, one smile at a time. If you have any questions about full mouth dental implants or would like to request a smile consultation appointment with Dr. Atwood, please contact us today at 970-241- 2430.